Grants Pass, OR – Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS) has, for the past year, been watching the complex Global Recycling Crises. During this time, recycled material has stockpiled all over the world or ended up in landfills with the approval of the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). It is now clear that the recycling situation will need a longer term solution.
In response to the Worldwide Recycling Market Crises, SOS will join other disposal and recycling companies in collecting only the material that can be marketed.
Trent Carpenter, General Manager of Southern Oregon Sanitation states, “This is the critical step to find ways to recycle the material we are collecting at the curb. The best thing for all of us to do is reduce how much material we create, reuse what we have when we can, and then recycle this new mix of material.”
The following five materials have been identified for recycling:
- Corrugated Cardboard - Cardboard with a wavy structure
- Milk Jug Plastic Containers - Clear or white plastic only, rinsed and no lids
- Newspapers and Inserts - No magazines
- Tin and Aluminum Cans - Thoroughly rinsed with no lids
- Motor Oil - Leave curbside in one gallon non-breakable containers
It’s that easy!
Join them in making a difference and when in doubt, just throw it out!
For more information contact Southern Oregon Sanitation by calling (541) 826-5691 or (541) 479-5335