Time: 9 am - 3 pm
Location: Southern Oregon Sanitation, 1385 Redwood Ave, Grants Pass, OR 97527
No paint will be accepted. For more information on how to safely dispose of paint, please visit paintcare.org.
Why Proper Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste Matters
Residential Customers - November 7th
Residents can drop off up to one cubic yard of Household Hazardous Waste at no charge thanks to the Josephine County Solid Waste Agency.
Businesses - November 6th
Businesses in Josephine County can bring in Household Hazardous Waste on November 6th, by appointment only. There will be a fee for businesses based on the type and volume of the waste being disposed. Businesses must submit an application and schedule an appointment. Click here to download the application. The application must be returned to Clean Harbors prior to the event.
What Is Collected?
Items for drop off should be in secure and labeled containers.
- Cleaning supplies
- Drain Cleaner
- Bleach or ammonia
- Pesticides insecticides, weed killers
- Paint removers
- Old or toxic wood preservatives
- Swimming pool chemicals
- Fluorescent light ballasts
- Alkaline and rechargeable batteries
- Thermostats containing mercury
What Not To Bring
- No paints (please visit paintcare.org for drop off locations)
- No explosives or ammunition
- No medical or biological waste
- No asbestos
- No propane tanks
- No antifreeze
- No fluorescent light tubes
- No 55-gallon drums
- No metal canisters/fire extinguishers
- No radioactive materials
- No waste in containers larger than 5 gal (this service is by application only)