This year’s Household Hazardous Waste event will be at the Josephine County Fairgrounds
Time: 9 am - 3 pm
Location: 1451 Fairgrounds Rd, Grants Pass, OR 97527
No paint will be accepted. For more information on how to safely dispose of paint, please visit paintcare.org.
Why Proper Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste Matters
Residential Customers - September 14th
Residents can drop off up to one cubic yard of Household Hazardous Waste at no charge thanks to the Josephine County Solid Waste Agency.
Businesses - September 13th
Businesses in Josephine County can bring in waste a day earlier by appointment. There will be a fee for businesses based on the type and volume of the waste being disposed. Businesses must submit an application and schedule an appointment. For additional details and to download an application click here.
What Is Collected?
Items for drop off should be in secure and labeled containers.
- Cleaning supplies (window cleaners, drain
- cleaner, bathroom cleaner and any products
- containing bleach or ammonia)
- Pesticides insecticides, weed killers
- Paint removers
- Old or toxic wood preservatives
- Swimming pool chemicals
- Fluorescent light ballasts
- Alkaline and rechargeable batteries
- Thermostats containing mercury
What Not To Bring
- No paints
- No explosives or ammunition
- No medical or biological waste
- No asbestos
- No propane tanks
- No antifreeze
- No fluorescent light tubes
- No 55-gallon drums
- No metal canisters/fire extinguishers
- No radioactive materials
- No waste in containers larger than 5 gal (this service is by application only)