Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I drop off appliances?

In Jackson County, there are several businesses that accept appliances. Please go to the Jackson County Recycling Partnership at for a list. In Josephine County, appliances can be dropped off at the Grants Pass and Kerby Transfer Stations.

Can I leave my TV or computer at curbside for pickup?

No. These items are not allowed in the landfill. Please go to the Jackson County Recycling Partnership at to find out where you can drop off these items.

Where are nearby transfer stations?

There are 4 possible locations, including:

  • Rogue Disposal and Transfer at 8001 Table Rock Rd. Central Point, OR. get map
  • Kerby Transfer station at 905 Kerby Mainline Road. Open Monday through Saturday from 9am to 4pm. 541-479-5335  get map
  • Grants Pass Transfer station at 1381 Redwood Ave. Open 7 days a week from 9am to 4pm. 541-479-5335 get map
  • Merlin Galice Road at 1749 Merlin Road. Open 7 days a week from 9am to 4pm. 541-474-5901 get map

How do I make a complaint?

We strive to provide the best service we can. However, if we fall short, please contact our office at 541-479-5335.

What are my payment options?

There are several ways to make payments, including:

Mailing a check or money order to: Southern Oregon Sanitation, P.O. Box 6000, Grants Pass, OR 97527

To pay by credit or debit card by phone, call our office at 541-479-5335.

You may also visit our Online Bill Pay website at to make a one time payment via credit or debit card or set up automatic payments.

I am confused about my bill. What should I do?

Contact our office at 541-479-5335 and we will be happy to go through it with you.

What should I do if my trash cart is stolen or vandalized?

Contact our office right away at 541-479-5335. We’ll arrange for a new cart to be delivered.

What should I do with medical waste?

Southern Oregon Sanitation offers sharps and medical waste containers. Just call our office at 541-479-5335 to make arrangements.

Can I change the size of my container?

Yes, in most cases. Call our office at 541-479-5335

What day of the week do you collect trash?

You may review your specific service schedule and sign up for a service day reminder and route alerts by visiting our website at or downloading our free mobile app.

What do I do if my trash wasn’t picked up?

Immediately contact our office at 541-479-5335.

What do I do if I have extra trash?

Call our office at 541-479-5335 for rates and to arrange for the extra service.

I’m moving. What should I do?

Please call our office in advance to stop or change your service. We need to retrieve our carts and bins, and/or deliver new ones to your new location.

How can I save money on my service?

Is your garbage container too big? Or is it too small so you often pay for extra garbage on the side? Could you be recycling more? Call and talk to us. We can offer you pointers on how to downsize your garbage service by increasing your recycling, plus ways to avoid unnecessary charges.

What time of day is my pick up?

Although we try to be as consistent as we can, pick up time may change each week depending on traffic, construction, staffing, or other circumstances. We ask that your materials be curbside for collection the evening before.